Short-term training offers an effective solution for quickly mastering specific skills or tasks in a short amount of time.
1. Know Your Topic (or Subject Matter): Educate yourself about what subject or topic will be presented during training sessions.
2. Assess Your Group: Be sure to assess the group in which you will train. Are they familiar with basic knowledge on the topic at hand or need further understanding? Determine what they already know as well as expectations and goals that have to be accomplished through training.
3. Plan Duration and Format: When planning short-term training programs, time is of the utmost importance. Determine an estimated duration as well as any special formats or structures you will employ in creating the training session.
4. Gather Materials and Resources: Gather all the required reading material for your training program, whether that means using visual aids like visuals and PowerPoint slides or taking the traditional route with books and handouts.
5. Craft a Syllabus: Utilizing the topic and objectives of the training program to formulate an organized syllabus. Be sure to include key points, topics to cover, assessments schedules and any important dates or deadlines that need to be noted on it.
6. Customize Program to Group: Once you understand the group and the structure and material necessary, design activities and exercises specifically adapted to their needs and circumstances.
7. Walk Through Your Plan: Before commencing with any program, walk yourself through it by repeating any exercises or activities which will feature in it.
8. Commencing Training: At the outset of any training session, greet and introduce yourself. Set expectations, foster cooperation among participants and outline your program outline.